This month

Energy and power is my focus for this month.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

My God Story

Every now and again, I have a heightened sense of God at work in my life, telling me something in His own way, showing me that He's got my back, and teaching me lessons. Yes, some would call it hearing from God, but I am a bit careful with my choice of words when I share about what I "hear" from HIM. So for now, I call it a heightened sense of His presence in my life. And often during this time, He is telling me something and I am learning something, or shifting my focus onto something I believe He wants me to do. I call such times as these my God Stories. And basically it could be anything to do with my relationship with Him.

Gee whiz, did I need such a long winded explanation for that?

Anyway, before I miss the moment, I just want to share one of my recent God Stories.

This year, I have had such a sense of being on the brink of something significant in my life. I have no idea what it is, but I have felt this unshakable sense of needing to find "exactly where I fit like a glove", if that makes sense. At times I feel it so strong, I don't know what to do with myself. The wonderful thing about the whole experience is that though I don't always feel like my spiritual life is thriving, though earlier on in the year I did not have a lot of confidence or self esteem in me, I got this constant re-assurance from God that I should some how know that I am A GREAT SOMEBODY. It was as if I had a view of myself from God's point of view, so to speak; that I should actually... well... KNOW that I am awesome! I am not going to be awesome, I already am. It was so much to take in. And I want to cry because I find it so hard to believe. Why me? I am just a little person, a no body, such a weak and empty vessel. But I am thankful to God for what He keeps pumping into my spirit.

And such was my God story earlier this year, it still is. If only I could just rest in that state of constantly allowing God to speak to me. If only I was not an over thinker, as I always respond by trying to create this person that is supposed to FIT like a glove. I want to learn to chill, to rest in Him. I will share more God stories that followed this soon. I feel they are all connected to each other, as well as to the aches I feel in my very being every now and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment