This month

Energy and power is my focus for this month.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Billionaire

“I wanna be a billionaire
So freakin’ Bad
Buy all of the things I never had
I wanna be on the cover of Forbes magazine
Smiling next to Oprah and the queen
Oh every time I close my eyes.
I see my name in shining lights
A different city every night
Oh I, I swear the world better prepare
For when I’m a billionaire (Travie McCoy)”


I don’t know what it is about me sometimes, or perhaps us humans, because I know I am not the only one who has thought about the words above. OK! Fine! Perhaps the rest of the world is not as shallow as me, or as materialistic, but somebody out there, anybody, in fact a lot of people out there have said these words:


“I WANT TO BE SOMEBODY! One day, you will see, one day imma be somebody.”


I don’t know why this should be, but this is something I crave very often. I crave it! I desire to be someone of significance, and sometimes the feelings are so strong that I don’t know what to do. And then I ask myself why it should matter. Why should I feel this way? Is it normal to feel like this? Does everyone feel like this? Or is it just me?


I struggle to find the words for what I wish to describe. There is too much to tell at the same time and it is getting all jumbled up in my mind. Perhaps I have too many stories to tell and I am not quite sure which one best fits this post. Perhaps they are all intertwined and I think they are. It just makes me think about who I am, where I am from, what I have been through, my current and historical walk with God, my career, what I think my purpose is and what I think my calling is. So let me just pause and try to figure it out.



In the meantime, I am moved to post a bit about my relationship and experiences with Somebody very special in my life. This is Someone very important to me, who has always been there for me and is always with me. This post is actually about me, but it is also very much about who I am in Him and a view of myself from what I believe is His view.



I have been in pursuit of my purpose for a very long time. I often ask the “Why am I here” sort of questions and can become utterly consumed by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment