This month

Energy and power is my focus for this month.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Different versions of me

So...

I have always been intrigued by journeys of self discovery and really being in touch with who I am. I must admit that I have grown out of touch with myself in recent years. So here I am sitting, asking myself how and why, or when did I manage to lose myself so much that I do not feel at this time, that I am sure of what I can write in a post about who I truly am. Well, I think I know what to do, all I will say at this time is that I am sure it has a lot to do with my faith.

I remember a time when I was at my most confident. I used to wear my heart on my sleeve, well not too much, but I think I was a lot more open back then than I am now. I was not afraid of anything. I did not hold back on speaking my mind when I truly believed in something. Well, actually I did, but not as much as I do now. Perhaps it is a result of growing up, maturing past the naive young lady I used to be. Or maybe it is just that I have asked my heart to retreat into a cave, so I can hide it away from the storms of life and the bolts of lightning that have flashed and burned it when it used to fly so freely.

It kinda sounds like I am thinking a lot huh? Over thinking is definitely one of my dominant character traits, that I am pretty sure about. But so what? So long as I am confident and comfortable in my own skin, then nothing and no one should ever make me second guess myself.

I probably do not have all the time to start describing me at length in this post, so I will start by listing the different versions of me. I think I may have got something good going here that I can follow up on in later posts.

I am Ms Choklit, a Wife, a Career Woman, and a Mother

2 comments:

  1. Thinking is good...and sharing it online is even better ;) Love that you started a blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement!!!! Will keep at it, I do enjoy it. Especially when I get feedback. Now all I have to do is find more friends to read it, just wish I could remain as anonymous as possible. Not ready to "come out". Well, I will populate it with more meaningful stuff then look for pals!

    ReplyDelete